Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. For more than 130 years, we’ve been powering the independent and pioneering spirit of our region — keeping energy safe, reliable and responsibly generated. We are deeply committed to the success of the communities we serve and strive to bring innovative solutions to our customers and a bright energy future for Oregon.
We are leading the way to cleaner energy for Oregon’s future as we work to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the electricity we serve our customers by at least 80% by 2030 1 and reach zero greenhouse gas emissions from the power we serve our customers by 2040. We have also set a goal of net zero greenhouse gas emissions across our company operations by 2040. We’re working on a detailed plan and roadmap to share in the year ahead. We are committed to transparency and reporting on our performance along the way here.
We have shared data about our operations and impact as part of our sustainability reporting since 2013.
Sustainability principles are woven into the fabric of who we are and how we operate. We are:
- Taking a holistic approach to decarbonizing the power supply while continuing to provide reliable, affordable energy to everyone we serve
- Accelerating electrification, allowing us to power more things with clean, carbon-free energy
- Being good stewards of Oregon’s land, water and wildlife
- Supporting our customers, our communities and our employees
- Leading with integrity by setting the bar high at the top level of our organization
- Maintaining a robust board refreshment process to oversee our creation of long-term value and support our clean energy development and environmental, social and governance goals
Our 2020 ESG Report shares information about PGE’s commitment to sustainability along with information about strategic projects that illustrate our commitment to advancing a sustainable future and caring for our community. More information on our policies that support PGE’s commitment to human rights for our employees, communities, suppliers and partners can be found in our Human Rights Statement.
 Below baseline period, defined in HB 2021 as the average annual GHG emissions for 2010, 2011 and 2012 associated with the electricity sold to retail electricity consumers as reported to DEQ.