PGE's annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report highlights progress in 2022
"Our responsibilities are significant and we are continuously evolving our ambitions and best practices to advance sustainability and social equity," said Kristen Sheeran, PGE's Director of Sustainability and Resource Planning. "We are firmly committed to a future in which all our customers, employees and communities can thrive."
As the region continues to face extreme weather events, market volatility and economic shifts, PGE's ESG values and priorities are integral in meeting key goals and milestones. Among the many focus areas this report covers, highlights include:
- Further reductions in the emission intensity of PGE's resource portfolio as the company advances toward the target of serving customers with 100% clean electricity and achieving net-zero GHG emissions company-wide by 2040.
- Aligned with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to guide progress on a global scale toward the shared journey of achieving prosperity for people and the planet.
- Expanded the options customers have around managing their energy journey, tools and programs to help manage costs and supported the transition to electrification.
- Focused on efforts to foster an inclusive workforce, including increasing diversity, fostering underrepresented talent and expanding diverse supplier spend in our supply chain.
- Entered a new phase of sustainable finance strategy by financing an eligible green investment under PGE's Green Financing Framework.
- Increased our commitment to the environment through record investments that fostered wildlife returns and restoration efforts.
- Continued community stewardship through volunteering, student programs, charitable giving and partnerships.
To view the full ESG Report please visit portlandgeneral.com/sustainability.